Monday 31 May 2021

WHILE WAITING

 Here in Ontario the Covid numbers are down but the lockdown continues. No problem for me as, I have to admit, I'm becoming somewhat used to staying at home and only going out to pick up groceries and for medical reasons. Time passes, as time does, and most days it seems that there's not enough time to do what has to be done. I do, however, miss not being able to go on a picnic and do a bit of birdwatching, although  with the migration over for this spring and the birds settling down to nest, there's probably not a lot to see other than the birds that would normally hang around for the summer, and with the leaves on the trees, they'd be difficult to observe. I also miss not being able to get up north to do a bit of sketching, and with my becoming older by the minute there's the possibility that I might come down with some affliction ending my sketching days, which bothers me. In the meantime, while awaiting  everyone to get their second dose of vaccine, and being able to move about, I sometimes amuse myself by making a scribbled memory sketch. Most end up in the trash bin, but I thought that I'd share todays scribbling to give you some idea of what I mean by scribbling. It's a 10 -15 minute pencil study of someplace up north, someplace that I hope to visit at sometime in, hopefully, the near future....


Someplace on the shore of Georgian Bay.    Pencil.  2021


No comments:

Post a Comment