Sunday 12 July 2015

MY SKETCHES AND DRAWINGS

The past while I've been mucking about in folders and drawers sifting through old drawings and sketches for material for my new book. While over the years I've sold lots of prints and paintings I'm actually amazed that so much still languishes down in the basement, slowly deteriorating in the fluctuating temperature and humidity that exists in our basement.

It's difficult to permanently archive art in other than the conditions that exist in museums with climate control, and even there, I understand, that it's a challenge. Fortunately, digital technology will help to archive some of the efforts of our artists, at least until a new technology comes along that offers a more permanent solution.

As for the new book, it's coming along slowly, but surely. In the meantime, here are a few things that I discovered down in the basement......

Various Life Drawings I did as a student dating back to 1979 - 80.













No comments:

Post a Comment