Saturday 11 March 2023

TREADING WATER: PART TWO


 

Apologies, I said that I'd come back in a day, or two, and you could see the drawing progress. Again, apologies, this thing about growing old, or perhaps, I should say, getting old, is that some days are good, then some days just don't turn out as you would wish. Anyway, here I am. 

There's been a bit of progress. I've spent a bit of time working on the foreground and using the paper stomp created a bit more sky. I feel that I'm getting away from the reality of the scene, but the essence is still there. My memory isn't what it used to be, however, we'll keep working at the drawing over the next few days, so that when you next return it will be finished.

In the meantime here's a bit more of my other pursuit, my poetry. Should you appreciate some of my writing you may enjoy more by accessing this link, but before you do note that I receive no gratuity for my books. 

https://www.blurb.ca/b/10232219-still-waters

At my age it's too much of a hassle to chase after a few dollars. Art of all sorts is a hard sell, and the sale of books doesn't amount to much profit, unless for example you're someone like Stephen King. I leave the books with the publisher, Blurb Publishing, to sell them. Should they sell a few then, good for them. They can keep any profit. I'm satisfied to just get my images and thoughts out there. And, incidentally my poetry/prose books can be previewed in their entirety, on line for free, and if you choose, a PDF copy only costs approx.  $5.00 U.S.

Before I forget, here's a bit of a poem....

Global Warming?


It was warm, and then it wasn’t.

It snowed, and then it didn’t.

The snow went away, came back, 

then went away, …..again.  Global Warming 

some were heard to say, but who’s to know 

as records only show a century ,or so, and records 

don’t reveal times when things, long past, 

went horribly wrong, when volcanos 

with no warning erupted 

spewing ash high up in the sky, 

causing change that continues to our time. Perhaps, 

so called global warming, will once again 

be interrupted by a blast of ash from volcanos 

now dormant, but primed to once again 

alter time. Still, even if the planet continues 

to issue warnings about global warming, 

there exists the chance that without warning, 

global warming will itself, change the weather back, 

and snow and cold will cause some to say, 

Global Cooling the reason for today.




No comments:

Post a Comment