Saturday 3 November 2018

SEA OF GREEN





The Climb

The climb was long,
I’m growing old,
my legs are weary.

I rest high up, 
and lookout over
an endless sea of green,
trees joined together in a silence 
overwhelming.

I wonder their experience,
sensed with eyes unseeing.
Prisoners of their world,
what do they think,
what do they say?

I’ve been here before,
but not in a dream,
and had thoughts much the same.

I remember that I sat on a rock,
and sketched out a scene.

I remember the silence,
the quiet,
the peace of it all.

A breeze stirs the leaves.
The wind strengthens,
and the sky turns shades of grey.
A storm is on the way.

Raven calls,
and is answered.

The silence broken,
I stumble down the rocky trail,
a prisoner of my dream,
into the sea of green.


EAS 2018



No comments:

Post a Comment