Friday 7 October 2022

DOODLES

 

DOODLES

I doodle, or that's what I call it. Doodles often become a more detailed sketch, sometimes the basis for a painting. Important to keep these doodles, as they're part of your history of your process in the making of your art. Actually, I've come late to realizing their importance having filled waste baskets with many doodles. Here's a recent doodle, something that came to mind, an island located in Oxtongue Lake in Muskoka. I'm thinking that I may expand the doodle into a proper sketch, or drawing. Perhaps, even a painting. I'll let you know.....



My doodle was made on an envelope while watching a video on my computer.












In looking through my files I discovered that I'd actually made a drawing of this area that included the island several years ago (2017). It's am early misty morning scene executed in graphite, or 2B pencil. 




No comments:

Post a Comment