Sunday 27 May 2018

WHISPERING WINGS - Nature in Art

Finally, at last, I was able to finish and publish WHISPERING WINGS - Nature In Art.




This book represents my next to last publication and consists of approximately 190 pages and includes a large collection of my nature sketches, paintings and drawings made over the past 35 years. It's available through Blurb.ca . In book form it's somewhat expensive, but I've included a downloadable PDF that sells for approximately $5.00 Canadian. I would point out that I don't receive any commission for sales through Blurb. By publishing I, in a fashion, archive some of my work over the years, and in a sense purchase a copy to place on my book shelve. I let Blurb keep any profits. I'm too old to step back in time and sell my efforts. What's the saying, "been there, done that". I've quite enjoyed that portion of my life spent making art, and am content to step back and make the occasional sketch, or drawing.

I have one more book in mind, stressing the fact that I have it in mind. It may never be written and published, but should it see the light of day it will consist of a large number of sketches and paintings that I've made here and there, including some efforts while travelling west of Algoma. We'll see...

Well, that's it for a few minutes. We'll be back in a bit, perhaps, with a few thoughts from my friend George whose been chomping at the bit to rant about saving the planet, and so on. 



Two Drake Bufflehead Ducks    Watercolour Painting


Common Loon   Watercolour painting


Three Drake Bufflehead Ducks     Watercolour Painting


No comments:

Post a Comment